Software Engineer and Game Developer
Contact me for any gamedev / Unity / programming stuff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download in PDF format: LiorTal_CV_PDF
I am a software engineer and game developer combo, experienced developing in .NET (C#) and Java. I work as a game developer at Moon Active, where we develop casual mobile games using Unity3d.
I am passionate about software engineering, unit testing and development tools, striving to keep on learning and sharpening my skillset as a software professional. To this end, I am using online MOOC platforms (Coursera, Udacity) and other developer training services (Pluralsight, MVA) to keep on learning.
In my free time I experiment. learn and play different game tools, frameworks and engines and interested in always improving my knowledge in any game related technologies. I am especially into Unity3d, UE4 and MonoGame/XNA.
Game Developer / Moon Active [2014 – Present]
- Developing Wonderball Heroes – a 2d casual mobile puzzle game developed in Unity3d
Software Engineer / PlayScape [2013 – 2014]
- Developed a mobile game-development platform consisting of an IDE, compiler and backend services, powering the company’s and its partners’ cross-platform mobile titles.
- Lead 2 large scale projects, from their initial design phase to implementation
- Development of a high-performing, real-time multiplayer layer for the existing game engine. This layer was based on a solution form Photon Cloud, and the Photon APIs were integrated into our engine both for Android and iOS platforms.
- Development of an ads management system (based on multiple mobile ad vendor SDKs).
Software Engineer / Verint Systems [2011 – 2013]
- Developed a suite of tools and frameworks (.NET based) used by dev/QA teams for automation and simulation of business tasks across the company’s product suite.
- Introduced, Installed and administrated new tools such as CI, automated deployment and automated build processes to the team.
QA/Automation Engineer / Verint Systems [2009 – 2011]
- Tested various deliverables (patches, HFRs, and service packs) for release.
- Setup of complex test environments (VM and physical) and telephony equipment.
- Developed testing scripts & custom tools (C#) that greatly reduced testing efforts
QA Engineer / SupportSpace [2007 – 2009]
- Performed manual testing of a Java based web product (Linux/JBoss)
- Developed automated UI tests using QTP
Computer Science (B.Sc), IDC Herzliya, Graduated with Excellence (Cum Laude – GPA 90)
- Unit Testing (NUnit, mocking frameworks)
- Advanced Debugging in .NET (WinDbg, SOS)
- Advanced .NET development
- Design Patterns